It took a while to get it through my pretty thick skull, but I finally realized that healthy eating doesn’t have to be complex or expensive.
Take the meal in my picture above. It’s a simple chicken breast filet, a small zucchini squash, and a carrot.
I “healthy sauteed**” both the chicken and the veggies and squirted them with fresh lemon juice and sprinkled some pepper on them.
And the total cost was probably around $2.75 (most of that being the chicken).
For my fellow 21 Day Fixers, the above meal is 1 red container and 1 green container.
* * For information on what ” Healthy Sautéed ” means, check out the book ” The World’s Healthiest Foods.” It’s a bit pricey, but very worth it for those who are looking to eat healthier.
As always, feel free to share your favorite recipes! Add it (or a link to it) in the comments below or on the WFP Facebook page.
- 1 cup (or 1 Green container) of sliced carrots and zucchini (or vegetables of your choice)
- 1 3 to 4oz chicken breast
- 1 to 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
- fresh lemon juice
- pepper to taste
- In separate skillets, heat up 1 tablespoon (per skillet) of broth.
- Add the chicken to one skillet and the veggies to the other.
- Sprinkle lemon juice on both the chicken and veggies while they cook.
- Cook until desired doneness for the veggies (always cook the chicken all the way through).
- Season with Pepper.
- Slide onto plate and enjoy!