Sometimes, I’m not all that hungry (which is surprising, since my stomach has no “off” switch) and all I need is a quick pick-me-up to keep the blood sugar stable. This is my latest smoothie addiction! Use your favorite protein powder (you know mine is Shakeology) and serve in your favorite cup. And as always, don’t forget to share your favorite recipes in the comments below or on our Facebook page.
- ½ to 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 small banana
- 2 tablespoons Chia seeds
- 8 to 12 oz milk of your choice (I like to use unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- dash or two of cinnamon
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (use your favorite brand, mine is Shakeology)
- Add the first five ingredients, in order, to your blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the protein powder and blend until mixed.
Do you like fitness and helping people? Great! My team has a monthly “sneak peek” on what we do and you’re welcome to join. It’s free of charge, free of pressure, and all online. Interested in taking a look? Let me know!
Photo Credit: Karen Bristow