I’ve never been a big fruit eater. Actually, I hate fruit, unless it’s an apple, pear or banana. Everything else makes me gag the moment I bite into it.
So what’s a person to do when they hate fruit but want to add more to his or her diet?
This recipe is a hodgepodge of experiments from smoothie recipes I’ve found over the past few months. It dishes up a little over three 8oz glasses.
I use frozen strawberries instead of ice, but crush them first, like I would do with ice. I don’t like my smoothies too thick and ice adds a little thickness (so if you like your smoothies on the Wendy’s Frosty side, feel free to add more ice).
How do you add the foods you know should be in your diet, but hate to eat?
- 1 cup frozen Strawberries
- 1 small Banana
- 2 - 3 slices of Mango
- ¼ cup fresh Blueberries
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk (I use almond milk)
- Place the frozen strawberries in the blender and crush them like you would ice.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, starting with the solids first.