If you follow me on Facebook, you may have heard me mention my attempts at meal prepping as well as my favorite workout and meal program, the 21 Day Fix. Well, I’ve found a way to combine those two worlds and have created a recipe that I make nearly every other week and I’m going to share it with you! (Bonus — my kids love it too.)
(For those of my readers not using the 21 Day Fix container system, here are the rough conversions based on my own measurements. Green container = 1 cup; Red container = 2/3 cup.)
A couple of notes:
- Use your favorite protein. For me, I’ve used ground beef, turkey, or chicken.
- This recipe makes 5 servings. Feel free to adjust as you need to.
- Once you brown your protein, dump it into a bowl and measure it back into the pan using the Red container.
- If you have questions, email me!
Do you have a favorite meal prep or 21 Day Fix recipe to share? Feel free to post links in the comments below or on the Writer’s Fitness Plan Facebook page! And don’t forget – we’ve got a 21 Day Fix group challenge starting soon! Add your name to the list and join us in creating new healthy habits that will change our lives for the better.
- 1 pound your choice of ground protein (ground beef, chicken, turkey, lamb, or vegetable protein crumbles)
- 1 cup (Green container) diced fresh tomatoes
- 4 cups (Green container) diced or shredded vegetables of your choice (my favorites are zucchini, peppers, carrots, asparagus tips)
- Salt, Pepper and spices to taste
- Brown the ground protein
- While it cooks, dice the tomatoes (enough to fill a GREEN container) and four more GREEN containers of your vegetables and set aside
- Drain off any fat off of your protein and put into a bowl
- Use your RED container (or a ⅔ cup measure), measure five portions of protein back into your skillet or pan
- Add the vegetables (but not the tomatoes, yet)
- Cook until just softened
- Add the tomatoes
- Cover and cook until the vegetables are done to your liking and the tomatoes have cooked down to make a "sauce" (about five to ten minutes)
- Serve or measure into equal portions and store for your lunch or dinner for the week
And don’t forget; ALL Beachbody products come with a 30-day money back guarantee. If you don’t like something, send it back within 30 days and get a full refund!